Basement Insulation in Buffalo & Rochester, NY
Whether you are planning on re-insulating your home or building a new home that will need insulation, don’t forget the basement! At Town Building Systems, we work with homeowners to make sure their basements have efficient and effective insulation. In fact, we believe that your basement is one of the most important places to install insulation!
Why Should I Insulate My Basement?The team at Town Building Systems can install fiberglass, cellulose, foam or foil (radiant barrier) insulation in your basement to improve the energy efficiency of your home. Insulating a basement is nothing new for us, so you can trust us to provide state-of-the-art products and services. Of course, first things first—how can you tell if your basement needs to be insulated? There are a few different signs that you can look out for:
- Your basement is really cold in the winter and really hot in the summer
- Your basement’s temperature has significantly changed
- Your energy bills are higher than normal
Types of Insulation for Your BasementWe offer several different types of insulation:
- Spray foam: Typically made of polyurethane, spray foam is applied wet and expands into thick foam. Spray foam insulation can be installed in crevices and hard-to-reach areas and can help reduce air infiltration.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass, which has been used to insulate homes for decades, is available as loose-fill or batts/rolls. Fiberglass is made of tiny glass fibers and is often installed in attics but can be used to insulate other areas as well.
- Cellulose: Cellulose is environmentally friendly—it consists of up to 85% recycled material and takes less energy to make than other insulation materials—and can be installed in any area of a home.
Benefits of Basement InsulationWhen it comes to your basement, there are a variety of benefits insulation offers. It can help:
- Increase energy efficiency and reduce energy bills
- Make your home more comfortable year-round
- Reduce noises from outside
- Protect against moisture infiltration
- Eliminate wood rot, mold growth, etc.
- Increase the efficiency of your HVAC systems
Basement Insulation Contractors Near You in Buffalo, NY
The experts at Town Building Systems want to make your home as comfortable and efficient as possible. Each of our professionals has the experience and expertise to help you choose the best insulation for your basement.
If you’re ready to insulate your basement, contact us today for a free consultation!