Home Insulation Contractors Serving Buffalo & Western New York
When it comes to professional home insulation installation in Buffalo and Western New York, there’s only one name to know: Town Building Systems.
Insulating your home can help add energy efficiency, comfort and value to your home. Whether you want wall or attic insulation or something in between, you can rely on Town Building Systems to get the job done right—safely and on time. We are an Owens Corning™ Certified Energy Expert™ contractor serving Buffalo since 1975.
Residential Insulation Contractors in Buffalo
No matter what your insulation needs are, Town Building Systems offers a variety of products and solutions to meet them. We can install insulation in the walls and attic of your home—and have experience insulating all types of homes.
We offer several different types of insulation:
- Spray foam insulation: Typically made of polyurethane, spray foam is applied wet and expands into thick foam. Spray foam insulation can be installed in crevices and hard-to-reach areas and can help reduce air infiltration.
- Fiberglass insulation: Fiberglass, which has been used to insulate homes for decades, is available as loose-fill or batts/rolls. Fiberglass is made of tiny glass fibers and is often installed in attics, but you can use it to insulate other areas as well.
- Cellulose insulation: Cellulose is environmentally friendly—it consists of up to 85% recycled material and takes less energy to make than other insulation materials. A professional can install cellulose insulation in any area of a home.
Benefits of Improving Your Home’s Insulation
Insulation offers many benefits. It can help:
- Save money and improve the overall energy efficiency of your home
- Make your home more comfortable all year long
- Improve the performance of your HVAC systems
- Reduce noise from outside and inside, between different rooms and levels
- Contribute to a healthier environment
Schedule Service with Buffalo’s Leading Insulation Contractors
Whether you need to insulate a new home or re-insulate your existing Western New York home, look no further. A part of the Installed Building Products family of companies, Town Building Systems offers the knowledge, experience and resources that few companies can match.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best insulation materials for Western New York homes?
Choosing the best insulation for your home means weighing a variety of factors, including where the insulation will be installed, the type of structure and heating system you have and your budget. Some of the best options for insulation are:
- Fiberglass insulation – Fiberglass offers a great R-value-to-cost ratio, is versatile and suits a wide variety of insulation projects. The material is available in batts and as a loose-fill.
- Cellulose insulation – Made up of up to 85% recycled paper, cellulose performs very well as loose-fill insulation and is suitable for interior wall insulation, attic insulation and other projects.
- Spray foam insulation – Open-cell and closed-cell spray foam are applied wet and rapidly expand to fill in spaces. In terms of R-value, spray foam is hard to beat, and it’s excellent for adding insulation to hard-to-reach areas and in gaps.
Where should I install insulation in my home?
What is R-value?
The “R” in R-value stands for resistance, which directly refers to any given material’s ability to resist thermal transfer. The higher the R-value, the higher the insulation’s ability to resist heat movement into or out of a home.
Can I install new insulation on top of old insulation?
In many cases, yes. You can add new insulation over older insulation to provide a higher R-value to attics and basements. The only stipulation for this is if the existing insulation features a vapor barrier. Adding more insulation on top of a vapor barrier can trap moisture, which can lead to mold growth and material rot.